Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 year old behaviour

(7 Posts)
cheekymummy89 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:34:16

I need some advise if anyone has any.
I am currently 21 weeks pregnant due in July and in the last 8 weeks or so my 7 year old son has been behaving different. He's started to whine (sounds like a toddler) and he's also starting to get angry about the slightest thing, most recent being because he couldn't have a chocolate bar because his evening meal is cooking. He's now currently sat in his room crying over this chocolate bar.
I don't know if it has started because I'm pregnant or whether it's just his age. Me and my husband have both sat down without I'm and let him ask as many questions as he has wanted and we have also reassured him that it won't change anything in regards to taking him out to the park, sitting with him to do his homework, doing his usual day to day activities. He has said he's excited to be a big brother and can't wait to meet his little brother but I'm at the end of my tether now. It's everyday! I've sat him down again today and asked him what's upsetting him and he says because he can't have a chocolate bar.
Am I reading too much into this or is it the start of jealousy? I really don't want him to feel jealous or pushed out but I've tried everything. I've tried being nice mum and also tried punishing him but it doesn't matter what I or my husband do it doesn't change.
I love my son to bits but I feel like I can't cope with the constant paddying and kicking me off.

amarmai Fri 18-Mar-16 20:40:37

is 7 old enuf for him to realise that life will never be the same after hid db is born?
Just to rule out ,maybe get him checked healthwise.

Jw35 Fri 18-Mar-16 21:08:02

Try not to worry about the jealousy. My dd was 11 when I had her sister and I found myself analysing every bad behaviour for fear he was upset about it! She wasn't she was just being a kid!

It's actually important to keep things normal with discipline as well as everything else. You've done the chats and are open to him telling you how he feels. Now just go on parenting as usual! Later when the baby is here, take a bit more special care but do as you would normally about behaviour.

Congrats by the way! I'm 21 weeks tomorrow and also due in July smile

cheekymummy89 Fri 18-Mar-16 21:44:00

Thankyou hunny
I'm glad you said that, a few people have also said its just normal can't complain really never had the terrible twos or tantrums when a toddler so he's probably making up for all that now lol. Congratulations! Hope it all goes smoothly for you xx

MadamDeathstare Fri 18-Mar-16 21:48:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

imsorryiasked Sat 19-Mar-16 10:31:20

My ds is also 7 and has just been through a phase of this. I'm not pregnant, no other children etc. So I'd put it down to his age.

NotCitrus Sat 19-Mar-16 11:04:21

Sounds like ds - moments of seeming terribly grown up, then phases of seeming younger than my 4yo...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now