Talk

Advanced search

Sizing advice - clarks vs. startrite vs. crocs

(9 Posts)
ODog Sun 13-Mar-16 19:56:07

Hoping someone can verify what I think. I tend to get my DS measured at clarks but we also buy from startrite and crocs. Am I right in thinking that startrite come up about half a size bigger than clarks and crocs come up half-a whole size smaller than clarks. I'm rubbish at trying to check shoe fit but he seems to be comfortably wearing a pair of size 6 startrite shoes, size 6.5 clarks shoes and size 7 crocs wellies.

Any experience welcome.

TIA

Alanna1 Sun 13-Mar-16 22:14:13

My DD sees a podiatrist who would say you must always try shoes on. And who hates crocs (& wellies too to be fair!). Structured shoes only in their books!

poocatcherchampion Mon 14-Mar-16 18:51:58

Which is the exact opposite of much advice these days which is that unstructured is better and all those brands are too structured

No real advice op as we go by fit not size as well.

Happy little soles is a great website if you are interested in finding out more.

MeredithShepherd Tue 15-Mar-16 20:22:24

Following this confuses me too. . My DS is a 6 in startrite and a 6.5 in clarks and his crocs wellies are also a 7... but I wanted to order him some converse for the summer but no idea what size he will be in them!

Twowrongsdontmakearight Tue 15-Mar-16 20:26:54

I was told by a shoe shop owner that Crocs sizes vary depending on where they're made (all genuine Crocs). Then showed us different colours, all the same number on the bottom but different sizes. Ie. You need to try them on!

TeaBelle Tue 15-Mar-16 20:32:32

Dd has shoes which are 3.5 from clarkes and I ordered the same size online from the startrite sale. The SR shoes seem to be little more generous, but still fit okay, so I don't think that there's as much as half a size difference. But her shoes are tiny so the difference between the brands may get bigger as the sizes get bigger iyswim

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 15-Mar-16 20:33:36

You are right - crocs have a US size which is a size bigger than UK -

Converse come up small so you need a bigger size

Converse are also narrow - so will need to be tried on

purplebaglady Tue 15-Mar-16 20:52:50

It's always essential to fit the shoe to your child's foot and not go by size. Size is only one indicator of a fitting shoe. The depth of the shoe the height of the back and the sides, the type and position of the strap all have a bearing. High Insteps, low ankle bones, slim or wide feet, position of the foot when walking. It's so important to find a reputable shoe fitter with experience. Sadly In my experience this is rare in Clarks.

Topsy34 Tue 15-Mar-16 22:01:23

We've never got on well with clarks for DS, they just never fit 'right' despite being measured.

pedipeds fit the best and last for absolutely ages, our second choice is startrites as they fit his feet well.

That said, every child is different and what fits one won't fit another

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now