Talk

Advanced search

mum guilt

(3 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Sun 13-Mar-16 10:01:59

Mum guilt is constantly eating away at me.

I'm currently sitting in bed, trying to just get a bit of rest (36weeks pg dc4) anaemic and very weak.

We have three dc, (5,3.5,2) so still very small. They have daddy downstairs but still want me to be there. I'm just sat sobbing as I want to spend time playing, bonding, and showing them I'm there for them but I'm so exhausted and running on empty right now. I'm snappy and just feeling crap.

Anyone have guilt free space with small littles?

It's something u can't do easily

starpatch Sun 13-Mar-16 12:54:49

Please don't feel guilty you are not feeling well. It happens to all mums sometimes. Your children are very lucky to have a new sibling on the way.

wheresthel1ght Sun 13-Mar-16 13:42:24

Have some thanksthanks and a few brewbrew to start with.

Secondly it is perfectly normal (so I am told). I only have dd but am in week 4 of flu and my GP is pants and just keeps telling me it's a really bad strain this year and it's taking ages. My dp works nights and I have palmed asked my parents to have dd (2.5) over night last night as I desperately needed some down time and sleep. I know I needed it, mum was excited to be able to spoil dd all weekend and dad has enjoyed the enforced break from work he had brought home. Hasn't stopped me feel awful for having been at work all week and then sending her away yesterday mid afternoon til lunchtime today.

You are poorly, you need to rest! Be kind to yourself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now