Talk

Advanced search

Wet wipes cover..

(15 Posts)
bibilee Fri 11-Mar-16 19:44:28

Anyone find it annoying that the plastic cover on wet wipes is so flimsy and then get to non stick and dirty?

Im trying to find out how much would mums pay for a re-usable wipes cover (6 months). £4? £5? Or less?

I came across a Japanese product and thinking on a business proposal ... as there is no job for me to get back to and child care costs a fortune ....

Please do delete the post if not allowed.

Thank you !

BearGryllsHasaBigRope Fri 11-Mar-16 19:50:00

I really don't find this a problem, so I wouldn't buy this product. You can also get wipes that have a hard plastic opening that snaps shut, so I don't see why you wouldn't just buy those if you were bothered.

bibilee Fri 11-Mar-16 20:30:52

Ah.. Ok. Thanks

UmbongoUnchained Fri 11-Mar-16 20:35:15

grin

StealthPolarBear Fri 11-Mar-16 20:35:42

I suspect about as much as dads would pay

Jw35 Fri 11-Mar-16 20:35:54

My wet wipes go down too fast to notice! But generally I get the ones with hard snap shut lid. Mine are from asda. You can also get wet wipe boxes to store them in

backinpurple Fri 11-Mar-16 20:41:16

I think I may have seen the things you mean, they look quite nice actually. I might buy one for the wet wipes that live in my hand bag, they get used so rarely that when I do need them they have dried out. I also buy the wipes that are on offer rather than pay more for the ones with a plastic lid, so I might and I definitely would have been sucked in as a first time mum as I bought everything in sight.

kimlo Fri 11-Mar-16 20:49:54

I had a hard cover that you put a packet of wipes in to stop them drying out, and a smaller box that held about 15 wipes that went in the nappy bag so I didnt have to take out a whole packet of wipes. The box for the bag was really usefull.

They were both free, I think from huggies when I had dd1 so 12 years ago.

Scoopmuckdizzy Fri 11-Mar-16 21:05:06

I had a hard cover that came with a change bag but found it was more of a faff than anything. The wipes I use these days have a plastic snap shut cover anyway.

skankingpiglet Sat 12-Mar-16 08:14:47

It sounds like something that would add yet more bulk and weight to my already overloaded change bag TBH. I do hate the flimsy peel back lids, but that's why I buy the ones with the hard plastic lids.
The bags/cases you dispense into are a good idea, and I have a couple for our Cheeky Wipes, but it involves remembering to top them up constantly rather than just chucking a pack of wipes in and knowing that'll do for at least a week. I love my cloth wipes but rarely bother with them out of the house (even though DD's in cloth nappies so have all the wet bags etc with me) as the daily refilling is a PITA.

phequer Sat 12-Mar-16 08:18:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BikeRunSki Sat 12-Mar-16 08:22:48

I kept the packet in a zip lock bag to stop them drying out.

thatsn0tmyname Sat 12-Mar-16 08:23:46

There's nothing more annoying when changing a wriggly pooey baby, two feet in one hand and flinging around a packet of wipes in the other trying to prize out one and then 10 come. The plastic flip lids are better than a simple slit in the packet. Some soft of wet wipe warming product might be an idea, but I wouldn't pay lots for it. Wet wipes on a cold day are FREEZING.

Paintedhandprints Sat 12-Mar-16 09:43:16

Wet wipe warming product is already available.
I get tesco own brand wipes with the hard snap close cover. The own brand sainsburys ones that ripped when i pulled the sticker back went into a zip lock sandwich bag and are never to be bought again.
Can also already buy wet bags for washable wipes and nappies, etc.
I think you might need to do a bit more market research op.

Littlef00t Sun 13-Mar-16 15:30:55

Aldi wipes are aBout 60p a pack and have the plastic lid. Really think everthing parents can be persuaded to need is already catered for, and if this isn't being sold, there's a reason for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now