Housing

(2 Posts)
Beautifulbella Wed 09-Mar-16 21:49:34

I know there's a thread for home/garden but it tends to be about ethnic living etc.

I currently live with my mum and 7 month old daughter. Lately we have been nonstop arguing about the way we want to live. My mum has a very relaxed living life style whereas I tend to be quiet ocd.

I tidy the house to a level I thinks acceptable and then within an hour it's a complete state, as if a bunch of wild teenagers threw a house party. (Probably a high exaggeration, but I can't live like it anymore) I know it's probably classed as a clean home, my sisters think I'm crazy but I ant help but worry about me and my lo being in this house the way it is. I have been diagnosed ocd, so I know it's probably fine but I can't help it.

I've spoken to my mum almost every single day about it, I just don't want my daughter growing up in this house. We currently live in housing association but I was wondering if there's any advise as to whether I'd be allegable to move into my own property and if so would I be put into a temporary accomation until then) my mum and me are at our wits end, she's had enough to the point she want me gone and I couldn't be happier.

Any advise would be great, Tia!

jamtartandcustard Thu 10-Mar-16 10:42:51

How many bedrooms does your current property have and who is named on then tenancy?
If it's a 2 bed in just your mums name you can either go down the overcrowded route which will take a while or your mum will have to formally evict you where it is quicker but may probably result in having to live in a b&q for a couple of months.
If it's a 3 bed in your mums name she will have to evict you. If your both named on the tenancy then you'd need to look for private accommodation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now