how often do you have baby weighed??

(21 Posts)
Murphyslaw21 Wed 09-Mar-16 19:12:01

I don't drive and live very rural there are no busses and only can go into town at weekends when hubby is around with car.

All the clinics are closed at weekends. So baby not been weighed since 6 months she is now 10 months.

She is putting on weight, eating loads and going up in nappy and clothes. I have no concerns what so ever.

I'm just curious how often do you weigh your baby?

hownottofuckup Wed 09-Mar-16 19:14:40

Baby is 4.5 months, I've taken him twice but might go again soon

hownottofuckup Wed 09-Mar-16 19:17:10

Sorry once, not twice. The first time was a standard HV post check up and I said I'd meet her there as it was easier for her

hownottofuckup Wed 09-Mar-16 19:18:13

*postpartum

insan1tyscartching Wed 09-Mar-16 19:20:39

Dd was weighed by the midwife,then by the HV when she brought the red book.She wasn't weighed then until she had her two year check.Never saw the HV,GP did immunisations and never went to clinic. I knew she was growing so didn't feel the need. When she was weighed at two she was on the centile that she had been on when she was born.

scandichick Wed 09-Mar-16 19:20:54

At that age, only when there was an actual check. Once they hit six months, my paranoia finally abates...

Jesabel Wed 09-Mar-16 19:23:13

A few times in the first few weeks, then at 1 year check.

RavioliOnToast Wed 09-Mar-16 19:26:04

I can't remember the last time my DD was weighed, she's 13 months today. Tbh she sometimes gets weighed at paediatrician and dietician (she has cmpi) but with my eldest DD, id take her to be weighed once every 6 months if that? The hv actually pulled me up on not takin her...

BikeRunSki Wed 09-Mar-16 19:27:53

Ds - every week for a year
DD - about three times ever

HippyPottyMouth Wed 09-Mar-16 19:33:35

Once a month between being signed off by the HV and 7 months. The last time, the HV told me they discourage mothers from bringing babies to be weighed and they didn't want me to come back until her 2 year check. Now we've had that, I hope I never see a health visitor again.

VagueIdeas Wed 09-Mar-16 19:37:13

DS is ten months and he hasn't been weighed since he was about six weeks old.

I just can't be arsed.

Needless to say, he's my second child.

Effiethemonster Wed 09-Mar-16 20:11:04

Only at the normal appointments you go to anyway, it's such a faff, and dd is my pfb!

FreeButtonBee Wed 09-Mar-16 20:13:33

Ds2 - at six week check and not since (now 7m)

DTs - quite a lot from MWs until they were 1m. Then six week check and once after.

eurochick Wed 09-Mar-16 20:23:18

Quite a lot to begin with as she was prem and underweight. Then at the 6 month and one year checks with the paed. Not at all since the.

Loulou2kent Wed 09-Mar-16 20:34:35

Never confused DS was weighed by HV on day 10. I started working again when 4.5 weeks so haven't had the chance. He's doing great though.

Bishybishybarnabee Wed 09-Mar-16 20:35:05

We had weekly visits for weighing until about 2months because DS was prem and struggled to gain weight initially. Then about once a month until he was 8/9months old then not at all until the HV came to do his 12 month check. My local clinic is on a day I work so unless I have any worries I doubt he'll be weighed again until the next HV check which I think is at 2.5years.

Topsy34 Wed 09-Mar-16 21:58:13

Ds2 was last weighed at his 6 weeks check with gp. He is now 16 weeks

I can see he is growing, he is feeding well, wet nappies etc so no concerns and don't see the need

stubbornstains Wed 09-Mar-16 22:02:32

DS2 was last weighed at about 5 months I think, and is now 9 months. Seeing as he was busting through the 91st centile line then, the only reason I'd have to weigh him now is to marvel at the monster I have created grin.

Dixiechick17 Wed 09-Mar-16 23:00:16

Weekly when she was younger and now every month as I write it in her baby book, she's 9 1/2 months smile

Primaryteach87 Wed 09-Mar-16 23:09:59

I have only had my son weighed twice after he was 6 weeks. He is a toddler now. I've never had any concern about his weight as he is pretty strong and well built. No one has ever suggested to me this was an issue. I saw the HV recently and she said "oh yes, you've got nothing to worry about so would be a waste of time".

Florentina27 Sat 12-Mar-16 08:00:21

Once a month, had times when we went at 2 weeks, But DD would never keep on a centile. She went from 50th to almost 91st then 50 to 75, she only seemed to stay in same one in last month and half. I think they want to chech monthly a couple of times when weannin, after every 2 months until 1 and then whenever you want until 2. In my opinion it depends in the child as long is happy and eating it shouldn't matter so much the centiles...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now