Talk

Advanced search

Coldness following c-section

(10 Posts)
sepa Tue 08-Mar-16 13:39:57

Just seeing if any c-sec people can let me know if they felt cold following their c-sections. My temp has always been fine in obs but I find that I am really cold despite the room being warm.
I'm guessing it will be something to do with the surgery as I'm usually a very warm person

ScarlettOHaraHamilton Tue 08-Mar-16 13:45:20

Do you mean immediately after the operation? I was freezing and shaking. I think I remember hearing that it's quite a common reaction to the meds.

sepa Tue 08-Mar-16 14:25:14

I'm 4 days later at the moment and get cold easily. I can't remember what I was like just after.
Just taken me 30 mins in bed to warm up

Cathster Tue 08-Mar-16 14:27:21

Yep I was constantly freezing after my c section, maybe for about a week after? Considering that at that time I was still staying in a boiling hospital room! No idea why...

HandbagFan Tue 08-Mar-16 15:07:40

Yeah, I was cold for a few days after the op. I put it down to being at home in normal temperatures not the boiling heat of hospital! Settled about a week after the c section, no idea if they were linked or not.

Caterina99 Tue 08-Mar-16 15:11:10

I had the same. I put it down to exhaustion from both the birth and then caring for the baby. I'd be freezing and go to bed all wrapped up and then wake up a few hours later absolutely boiling! Try and rest as much as you can.

BettyBi0 Tue 08-Mar-16 15:14:49

I was really warm after mine. Did you have a large blood loss in the op?

Bishybishybarnabee Tue 08-Mar-16 19:47:14

I was immediately after and for the next few days. They had to pump warm air from a heater Ito my bed at one point! I think I read somewhere that it can be a reaction to the meds.

sepa Thu 10-Mar-16 21:44:29

My coldness has improved.
I think I had 360g which apparently isn't a lot of blood.

Last 2 antibiotics tomorrow then only the blood pressure tablets left for the month before I'm off everything

HandbagFan Thu 10-Mar-16 22:10:58

I don't think it's related to blood loss - I lost 100ml.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now