Talk

Advanced search

When did you first take your baby to the swings

(8 Posts)
Jessiejane123 Tue 08-Mar-16 08:18:20

Random, but how old was your baby when you took them to the swings? We do a lot of walks in the park me and DD (7 months) and pass swings etc and I just have the incredible urge to put her on a baby swing, but don't want to look like a weird mum lol. I think she'd enjoy it or is she too young?

IslaMann Tue 08-Mar-16 08:19:20

As long as she can sit up and support her head there's no reason why not.

superking Tue 08-Mar-16 08:20:51

Yep, if she can support herself in a seated position then why not.

TheWeeBabySeamus1 Tue 08-Mar-16 08:21:18

I did it with DS from around that age, he absolutely loved it grin. Just held on extra tight and gave tiny swings.

Go for it... she'll love it and no one will think you're weird. smile

baffledmummy Tue 08-Mar-16 09:25:48

Funny...I just put DD (7.5 mo) in a baby swing for the first time the other day as we passed the park and she loved it. She was a bit lost in it right enough but happily giggled away. I've now been nagging DH to get her a swing for the back garden for her first birthday - I think he's about to cave in smile

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Tue 08-Mar-16 09:31:41

I just checked (lots of photos!)
Around 7.5 months here too. She loved it!!!

Jessiejane123 Tue 08-Mar-16 09:51:52

Aw great! I might take her in a bit then. Excited!

lilacmamacat Tue 08-Mar-16 16:40:16

I agree - so long as she can sit up confidently I'd say go for it. I had my DS on the swings from about that age and (with a helping hand) sliding down the little baby slides. He was pretty fearless and happily went off on the big slides as soon as he was walking properly. He's 5 now and still hasn't mastered swinging himself though hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now