Talk

Advanced search

Feeling unappreciated after having a crap Mother's Day

(3 Posts)
2015mom Mon 07-Mar-16 21:58:40

I know it's only one day in the year but I thought as it was my first Mother's Day I would get something as a keepsake seen as though all the effort I put in for my mother in law's mothers present.

Instead I got some crappy flowers and some sweets which my hubby brought on his walk back from work to the car!

I might sound dumb but I had just brought him a smart blazer over £100 and also another present which he loved for his birthday.

I just feel so unappreciated after all the running around I do for him and his family.

On top of that I feel like his family never make an effort with me so however we are expecting to go and visit in laws weekly whilst they don't come over to our house! It's just so tiring and one sided . Plus my husbands sister does not even bother replying to my texts! Urgh really cannot be bothered with these people but I have to because of my husband.

I guess I am just on a downer because I had a crap Mother's Day from the moment I woke up.

I am very positive usually always say look at the things u have got rather than what you have not got but we can't always be happy all the time.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Mon 07-Mar-16 22:02:01

His family - his domain -

He should by his mother gifts - he should arrange or not meet ups - leave him too it- it will naturally fade -

And none of it will come back to you!

2015mom Tue 08-Mar-16 01:15:53

Very good advice Sally thank you.... I will take your advice and leave him to his own family.... Majority of them are annoying anyway so will leave him to deal with them lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now