Talk

Advanced search

Bottom of the list

(1 Post)
monkeyblonde Fri 04-Mar-16 08:56:47

How do other SAHMs (or SAHDs) stop themselves being at the bottom of the pile when it comes to 'me-time' or personal needs or goals? Just cheesed off with having to put 3 other people first every time and always running out of time or money for the things that I need.

Or maybe I just need to get my head round the fact that that's just how it is?

This week I got myself a little part time job, which is a start but as my youngest is just 2 he is not yet at preschool - therefore although the job is flexible I always have to think about who will be able to watch or look after him. And as usual DH just never has to consider this, even though I'm feeling the pressure to bring in some cash (along with everything else that a SAHM entails - what they'll wear, eat etc). It's always my parents that are the fallback, his parents have always shown very little interest in our kids.

Probably just feeling the pressure as I can spy a little freedom, just wishing that I didn't have all the other arrangements that go along with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now