Talk

Advanced search

Toys

(11 Posts)
HollyC255552 Mon 29-Feb-16 09:46:20

I'm thinking ahead a bit i know but going on holiday in June & DD will be 11months. Does anyone have any good recommendations for good toys to keep her entertained whilst flying (4hrs) & while on holiday?

Bejeena Mon 29-Feb-16 10:47:09

Having flown quite a lot when mine was a baby I think less is more as you don't want extra clutter to carry and at that age they will be more interested in looking around and you singing or entertaining them. So just one favourite teddy and a small book is plenty as they will also play with a pack of tissues, zip on your bag etc

comeagainforbigfudge Mon 29-Feb-16 10:51:27

We're away in june too. I was thinking that id take her emily doll but that in reality she's going to ditch that for trying to clamber over me and see whats happening. And to bang on the table/rip magazines etc grin

NeedSomePeaceAndQuite Mon 29-Feb-16 10:53:14

I went away when my DD was just over 1 and I took my iPad and put some things on there she would like apps and stuff but stuff on there for me too, and she was more j retesting in the window and clouds

daisydalrymple Mon 29-Feb-16 22:04:21

A set of those mini libraries, 4 tiny books in one box are good. As they enjoy pulling out / putting back in as well as the pictures at this stage. Lots of different choices available.

Littlef00t Tue 01-Mar-16 20:34:53

Around this age, a tuppaware with those craft Pom poms worked so great for dd. I put a little hole in the top and she had the rest in a different tub. She spent aaages transferring from one to the other and back again. And if you drop one it doesn't matter.

comeagainforbigfudge Tue 01-Mar-16 21:01:15

Oh that is a genius idea!

And i happily have GAZILLIONS of plastic boxes that can be repurposed grin

LBOCS2 Tue 01-Mar-16 21:50:41

Stacking cups as well. They take up very little room and are good for throwing all over your hotel room grin

caitlinohara Wed 02-Mar-16 13:49:00

yes to the pompoms, also:
Small magnet - it's amazing how long they can play with these
CBeebies/whatever magazine
lots of snacks!

HollyC255552 Sun 20-Mar-16 21:29:02

Thanks all thats all really helpful - sorry for the rather late reply i forgot i posted this. confused

mrsmeerkat Sun 20-Mar-16 21:34:43

I found that it is a difficult age to keep them still as they want to keep on the move.

mine loves hitting me on the head with a potato masher.. but I wouldn't recommend that.

stuff like tin foil bun cases and the like work well.

figurines to put in cars - peppa pig figures in a wagon are in b&ms or tesco at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now