Talk

Advanced search

Nappies!

(16 Posts)
slightlyinsane Sun 28-Feb-16 22:33:48

Just a random one.
What do you class as a wet nappy?
At what point do you change them, barely wet or down by their knees??
How many do you change and how old is your lo??
Tia x

Bluecarrot Sun 28-Feb-16 22:44:10

We mostly use cloth and can only stretch to 5 hrs in one so change roughly every 4.
We use disp overnight and usually hanging off her in the morning she begs for it to come off.

Bluecarrot Sun 28-Feb-16 22:44:26

She's 2.

whitelisbon Sun 28-Feb-16 23:00:26

Dts - 2.3, get changed first thing, after lunch, before tea and just before bed. Sometimes an extra change if either are really soggy looking, and obviously if they poo.
Most of the time they're wet but not hanging, the exception being first thing, where they're both soaking.

slightlyinsane Sun 28-Feb-16 23:02:43

Thanks. Whitelisbon, what type of twins do you have and do they pretty much pee the same amount??

whitelisbon Mon 29-Feb-16 08:22:22

I've got boy/girl twins, he pees more than her but he drinks more so I'm assuming that's why.

BisherBasherBosher Mon 29-Feb-16 10:56:16

DD is eight months. I change every three hours or if she poos.

BisherBasherBosher Mon 29-Feb-16 10:57:24

Obviously longer overnight. She keeps her nappy on from bedtime till the morning.

scatterbrainedlass Mon 29-Feb-16 17:38:11

We use cloth so every 2-3 hours during the day (unless circumstances make it harder so may leave up to 4 hrs) and about 6hrs at night. He's 4 months.

PirateJones Tue 01-Mar-16 10:53:41

we changed 3 to 5 times a day here, minipirate has SN and was in day time nappies until he was 7.

skankingpiglet Tue 01-Mar-16 23:22:49

DD is 20mo. We mostly use cloth, so change every 4hrs unless she feels damp or does a poo before that as until it's off there is no way of knowing how wet it is. There have been occasions now where after 4hrs it's still bone dry so I put it back on (she's very nearly ready to potty train). Over night we use boosted cloth nappies and they are soaked by morning. When we are away or I've been a bit lazy with the washing we'll use disposables and then I just change as it looks full, which can be anything from 2 to 6hrs at the moment as she tends to store up the wee then do a massive one! I don't leave it until it's at her knees, but certainly until it has a definite sag and weight to it. If we use disposables at night I find they are at maximum capacity by morning, and recently we have had a few leaks. I'm running down the packet we have at the moment so I can try if the next size up makes a difference, even though she's way off the next size's weight range.

Gillian1980 Wed 02-Mar-16 12:14:08

DD is 7 months and we use Asda supreme protection nappies.

I usually change her roughly every 3 hours during the day, sooner if she does a poo of course. Nappies are usually fairly wet with a bit of sag but not so wet that they're hanging off.

I don't change them at night unless she poos and so she usually goes 12-13 hours then but never any leaks.

NerrSnerr Wed 02-Mar-16 12:28:43

At 18 months we do morning, lunch, teatime and bedtime and then obviously any poos.

Artandco Wed 02-Mar-16 12:33:35

Every 3 hrs roughly. Used clog nappies mainly. More frequent if dirty obviously or I always changed before we left house if it has been over an hour or so, then I know they should be ok another 3 hours most the time.

sallykins123 Wed 02-Mar-16 14:27:59

I change my daughters quite frequently tbh. She's 7 months. If I smell wee, it gets changed whether it looks full or not.

Her nappy gets changed before and after every nap, and any time during wake time that I smell wee! So around 7 nappy changes a day.

randomsabreuse Wed 02-Mar-16 14:33:36

6 months, use cloth mostly so every 3-4 hours. If in disposables pretty well constantly as she gets super grumpy about the smallest amount of wee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now