Talk

Advanced search

4 month old sleeping too much?

(8 Posts)
peg90 Fri 26-Feb-16 18:48:22

Hi

I'm fully prepared to get questioned about why I'm asking/worried about this and know I should probably just count myself lucky, but my 4 month (19wk) old seems to sleep too much.

She goes to bed around 6am, sleeps until 5 ish, up for bottle and bum change then back to sleep until 8am. Then she'll have at least 3 naps during the day, some of which can be 2.5 hours long!

She's fully alert, happy and feeding properly when she's awake so I probably don't have much reason to be worried. I just didn't think babies slept this long at this age!

We've tried to keep her up later at night but she's ready to go down for the night at 5.30/6pm most nights and has an awful night's sleep if she's kept awake. We thought of making her sleep at this time just a nap but this makes her have a rubbish big sleep too.

Does anyone have any advice or should I just shut up and be grateful?

Thanks

ODog Fri 26-Feb-16 20:11:59

Be grateful. It may/may not last so make the most of it while you can. Not envy at all....hmm

poocatcherchampion Fri 26-Feb-16 20:13:53

Sounds about right to me. Normal here.

peg90 Fri 26-Feb-16 20:14:09

That's what my husband keeps saying, think he's just enjoying the peace. Thanks!

NoCapes Fri 26-Feb-16 20:15:07

Yep just shut up and be grateful
In the nicest possible way grin

gunting Fri 26-Feb-16 20:15:40

My son is 4m too and he sleeps 7pm - 9am and then has a 2h lunch time nap so I suppose it's the same out of sleep over all?

Doje Fri 26-Feb-16 20:16:39

Be grateful! DS1 was the same and at 2 yrs old he still sleeps better than most! Until a few weeks ago he was napping 1 till 4.30pm, and going down for the night at 7pm!

peg90 Fri 26-Feb-16 20:59:18

Lol thanks! I guess some babies just like to sleep more. Will try to enjoy it while it lasts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now