Advanced search

a bit worried...

(6 Posts)
tinyme135 Sun 21-Feb-16 10:15:58

firstly I would like to say I'm sorry if it's in the wrong place and secondly I will be taking action on what I'm going to do just don't know where to go for it.

so here goes....

I am worried for a little boy who lives in the house behind us (we live in a back to back house) his parents always shout at each other. for example two days ago I was woken up at 5 in the morning to what sounded like someone braking into our house to realise it was the neighbours shouting slamming our walls. it got that loud it woke my 5 week old and I struggled to calm him down after that. also their child seems to be a bit hyper and very loud (bless his cotton socks) and his mum not long screamed at him to shut up. I've never heard him scream his head off like he's been hurt or being ignored but I'm still worries over him. I want to call the right people for his safety and also having a 5 week old keep being woken up by them it's quite frightening.

so my question is who do I call, SS or my local police? or do I phone both as I've heard her scream no several times so I'm not sure if there's DV or EA going too.

also if I'm in the wrong area please tell me where I need to post this.

many thanks

Lolimax Sun 21-Feb-16 10:21:47

Morning tiny. Please please never ignore your instincts on child protection. You know the address? Either the NSPCC or your local Authority and ask for the social services duty team. Tell them everything you've said here. As for the DV that would be the Police but would be better to do it 999 when it's actually happening I'd have thought.

tinyme135 Sun 21-Feb-16 10:23:57

I thought about calling our local police and asking for their numbers for SS didn't think about NSPCC. I'm going to call them now, I just wanted to know who to call before going round in circles.

tinyme135 Sun 21-Feb-16 10:31:02

I'm currently on the phone to the nspcc and they're telling me what to do.

Lolimax Sun 21-Feb-16 11:03:37

Well done. If more people were like you less children (and women) would get hurt. flowers for doing the right thing.

tinyme135 Sun 21-Feb-16 12:32:13

thank you smile

they told me to phone back tomorrow as there is only a few people in and to push the case forward calling back tomorrow will be better as there's more people in. they said they'll tell me who I need to call and next time I hear them shout. if it's today or 3 months from today call 101 and go from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now