Talk

Advanced search

2 year old constantly hungry

(10 Posts)
lyssie29 Sun 21-Feb-16 09:32:56

Hi my daughter is 3 in March and is constantly hungry. I know they do eat a lot but it's just getting silly. It's 9.30am and so far she's had 2 bowls of grapes, a slice of toast, a slice of bread and butter, 3 bread sticks and half a bowl of cereal. She asks for food all day long and I dot know what to give her any more to fill her up. She'll have her lunch then another yogurt and asks for bread and butter then constantly asking all day for food. Any suggestions to fill her? She generally has a sandwich of some sort for lunch and pasta for dinner. I don't want her to eat so much bread but I don't want to end up giving her crisps and biscuits. We don't have them in the house and she'll eat bananas but just wants grapes all the time.

MintyBojingles Sun 21-Feb-16 13:30:24

Can you try some higher GI foods that should keep her full for longer - like oatcakes, porridge so on?

Katenka Sun 21-Feb-16 13:34:31

I agree with pp that's all quite filling, but doesn't keep you full for long.

Has she always been like this or just recently? When ds was a toddler he would go through stages where he ate everything in sight for a couple weeks then just eat normally.

Chchchchangeabout Sun 21-Feb-16 13:38:44

Perhaps offer a certain amount of bread/carbs then if she is still hungry offer protein/veg etc which should fill her up. If she's really hungry she'll eat those options, if not it isn't really hunger. Also I'd limit to ste eating times - 3 meals and two snacks.

winchester1 Sun 21-Feb-16 13:42:17

Tbh it doesn't sound that much really. All kids will eat nice food like grapes and bread and butter non stop just offer more boring things outside of meal and snack.times and more filling food at meal times (protein rather than loads of carbs).

lyssie29 Mon 22-Feb-16 07:30:10

Thanks I'll try more protein foods to fill her a bit more. She's just constantly saying she's hungry even after her meals.

@katenka no she was always a picky eater. She'd only eat half of her meals and have a couple of snacks and she'd be happy. Maybe it's a growth spurt.

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Mon 22-Feb-16 07:33:56

Give her more protein. Does she eat eggs? That might be a better breakfast for her.
Make sure she's drinking plenty of water too.

Katenka Mon 22-Feb-16 07:40:24

If it's not all the time I would try more protein and just go with it.

Both my kids were like this. Ds more so than dd. I was just happy he was eating grin

xenapants Mon 22-Feb-16 10:55:32

Too many carbs. That won't keep anyone full. Give her more protein.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 22-Feb-16 17:30:51

Agree with what the others have said, that's a very carb heavy diet. Try scrambled egg on toast, toast with nut butter or sausage and beans for breakfast.

Omelette, eggy bread, sardines on toast, tuna mayo sweet corn jacket potato, pitta pizza or Dahl and pitta strips for lunch and whatever you are having for tea. Beef stew and dumplings or a nice pie with veg should fill her up smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now