Talk

Advanced search

2 year old always ill

(2 Posts)
KellyJ14 Sat 20-Feb-16 00:07:35

Hi,
This is my first post here as I'm looking for some advice smile
I have a 2 year old that seems to be constantly unwell, I'm not talking just the usual coughs/colds (we have had our fair share of those too!) but he has literally had one infection after another since turning 18 months. In the past 6 months he has had tonsillitis, an ear infection, hand foot and mouth, molluscsum and gastroenteritis. All starting with raging temps leading to a GP visit who gave the diagnosis so all on his records. A few people have said 'kids this age catch everything going' which I understand when it comes to the common cold/runny noses but it has got me thinking, is it normal to this extent?? He doesn't go to nursery so it's not like he is exposed as much as other children his age will be that do attend nursery. I do take him to soft play and swimming once a week with friends so I am presuming this is where he is picking things up. Is this something I should be worried about? Is there anything I can do to try and prevent him catching these things? He has a great diet and is a great sleeper (if that makes any difference). I hate seeing him unwell all the time and it's getting to the point that when his temp rockets I'm embarrased to ring the GP as I feel like I'm never away and they must see the fortnightly visits on his history and wonder why he is unwell all the time! blush
Thanks X

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 20-Feb-16 09:16:11

Taking him to the GP when he is unwell isn't anything to be embarrassed about, not taking him would be...smile

Not sure what you can do about the infections. Does he have a probiotic?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now