Talk

Advanced search

Why is 5yo DD so full of rage...?

(3 Posts)
RaptorsCantPlayPoker Fri 19-Feb-16 17:29:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WombOfOnesOwn Sun 21-Feb-16 04:58:08

It sounds like it must be hard for her when she's going through it, too. She may need some help finding an approach for when her feelings become overwhelming. When she's calm, it might be a good time to roleplay and practice breathing and control techniques for understanding and dealing with emotions. It's a little early for her to be successful at this all the time, but giving her some basic tools and saying to her that it's okay for emotions to be big and scary but they don't need to control our bodies and our lives ... that may be what she needs right now.

perfectpanda Sun 21-Feb-16 08:38:12

My dd was like this when she was 5. She was still having regular major meltdowns. But she was so well behaved at shool. And so kind and empathetic the rest of the time. I used to really struggle to find the best way to deal with the meltdowns. It feels different with a 5 year old compared to when they are 2... She is now 7 and is so much easier to live with. I can't think when she last had an outburst. And out of interest I have watched several of her friend go through very angry phases around year 1 and year 2. So I think it probably is pretty normal...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now