Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used peristeen by coloplast for a child?

(10 Posts)
becks130 Fri 19-Feb-16 17:00:20

Hi,
I'm in desperate need of some advice on the above colon treatment. My DD who is 6 has suffered from chronic constipation since she was 2 and after A LOT of different investigation and even more different type of laxative combinations her consultant has said that we now need to strongly consider either peristeen treatment or having the ACE procedure. Has anyone got any experience of either as my DD is very confused and we really do not know what the best route is.
Many thanks

VerytiredbutVerynice2016 Sat 17-Jun-17 22:59:46

Hi, I know this was a year ago but was wondering if you're still around and what has happened with you DD??

vgmumnotatall Sat 17-Jun-17 23:05:31

Hi there, we have experience of peristeen for the same reason - it was that or an ace. Feel free to ask any questions smile we had a good outcome and am very glad we did it.

VerytiredbutVerynice2016 Sat 17-Jun-17 23:09:31

We've just started with the peristeen this week so we're just getting started! The worst bit is getting it in. Think more has come out as the weeks gone on, I've been putting about 300ml in! Have you finished using it now?

vgmumnotatall Sat 17-Jun-17 23:24:46

I'll pm you if that's ok smile

VerytiredbutVerynice2016 Sat 17-Jun-17 23:29:35

Yes that's fine but I can't find my message box anywhere!

vgmumnotatall Sat 17-Jun-17 23:58:45

Not sure where to find it on the app but on the main site your inbox is under "my Mumsnet"!

MAMAPICKY Tue 20-Jun-17 16:41:34

We started peristeen for my 6YO last week and i am really concerned that i am making the problem worse. Her issue isn't so much constipation, more refusal to use a toilet. I fear that by using the machine i am taking even more responsibility from her. Her soiling has got considerable worse since starting using it! I don't know what to do blush

VerytiredbutVerynice2016 Tue 20-Jun-17 20:30:52

We just started last week too (day 7 for us)! He is still soiling but I think it's a little bit less. I'm going to text the nurse tomorrow to see if this is normal.

Have you got a nurse you can ring and speak to?

MAMAPICKY Tue 20-Jun-17 21:20:28

I spoke with her today and I think we are in for a long battle with my LO 😥

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now