transitions. milk - cot - baby no2

(5 Posts)
Courts10 Wed 17-Feb-16 08:56:34

Hi. I have an 18 month old. Who currently has cows milk in the form of one morning bottle (about 5-6oz) and a night bottle (9oz) she has both of these in her cot. I'm not fussed on losing the night bottle but the morning one... Did people go cold turkey and just give a cup with breakfast? Tips on that please.

Also we are welcoming baby number 2 in August so LO will need to give the cot up. I work in a school so was going to do this in the Easter holidays so that if we had a few rough nights it's didn't matter so much. Tips on this too

Would you also wait until she is in the toddler bed before taking morning bottle and just do it all together?

Thanks first child so I have no idea on transitioning to 'big girls' things.

OhShutUpThomas Wed 17-Feb-16 09:04:05

They just drop the morning one on their own in my experience. DS gradually stopped asking for one when he was nearly 3, and DD 18 months still likes hers but doesn't drink it all anymore, she'll stop it soonish I think.
I wouldn't get hung up on it, just keep up with the teeth cleaning. It's not hurting anyone smile

OhShutUpThomas Wed 17-Feb-16 09:06:20

Ps I also have another due in August - with DS I loved him to a bed at nearly 3 as he started climbing out. Going to try move DD soonish if she's ready, I'm not too sure though as she's a wanderer - DS never was. The baby will be in a Moses basket for a few months anyway so it's not an urgent problem, she should be ready by Christmas.

OhShutUpThomas Wed 17-Feb-16 09:06:48

*moved him

Courts10 Wed 17-Feb-16 09:22:53

Yes milk is gradually going in the morning at it use to be a 9oz bottle when she was 12 months and moved onto cows milk, then when she started leaving it I lowered the oz so I'll carry on with that then till there is nothing?
Bed wise, LO was in her cot in her own room from day one (I know some people don't agree with it but it worked for us) so planning on doing the same with new baby, hence why we need the cot sooner rather then later.

Congratulations on your pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now