Talk

Advanced search

when did you seperate mixed-gender siblings and bedrooms?

(5 Posts)
DeliveredByKiki Mon 15-Feb-16 06:43:44

DS is 7, DD is 4, we live in a 3bed house but they share. We rent and are looking at buying but can prob only afford a 2bed which would mean them continuing to share. They also still share a bath and we've not had complaints from either of them yet. They get on really well but DS is fairly immature still which I suppose could be the reason he hasn't "clocked" he's still sharing with his little sister

what age did you seperate/did your DC ask to be seperated?

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Mon 15-Feb-16 07:13:19

Mine asked to separate at 11 and 9, but the oldest is "young for age" and I was surprised they stayed together as long as they did (3 bed house so it was not a problem).

Believeitornot Mon 15-Feb-16 07:15:00

We are thinking about separating ours. They're 6&4. Every now and then ds (6) talks about wanting his own space and gets quite stressed. I think he finds school tough so needs some solace. But he's miss dd at night I think!

Artandco Mon 15-Feb-16 07:21:47

I only have two boys, but they share with Dh and us as one bedroom only. Eldest is 6.

Growing up I shared a bedroom with my younger brother and sister until I left home at 18.

Juanbablo Tue 16-Feb-16 08:16:07

All 3 of my children share at the moment. 2 boys and 1 girl. 8, 6 and 2. We are having the loft converted into a bedroom for the boys so in the next year they will be separated. I feel it's time. Dd really likes to have some alone time in her room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now