Talk

Advanced search

Ds1 really struggling with pooing

(5 Posts)
Racheyg Tue 09-Feb-16 16:35:20

ds1 2 1/2 is really struggling with pooing, he is in so much pain. The past three days he has gone about 6 times a day little nuggets and some big. It's really hurts him and it's now caused nappy rash.

I started to give lactalose today. I have a gp appointment on Thursday (1st appt I could get.)

He eats a lot of fruit and drinks plenty of water. Only eats wholemeal bread and brown pasta ect.

Tia

Bertieboo1 Tue 09-Feb-16 16:36:42

My mum said I had this problem and she had to give me prunes every day at breakfast time which helped loads apparently - might be worth a try!

CaveMum Tue 09-Feb-16 21:45:42

DD (23 months) has been on Movicol for over a year due to on and off constipation. It really helps and I'd recommend asking the Dr for a prescription.

rosieliveson1 Tue 09-Feb-16 21:47:30

Lactulose needs to be quite high amounts before it helps. Especially if your DS is stopping himself from going to avoid the pain. Movicol can be prescribed by GP and works well in my experience. It is soluble in water so easily hidden in a drink. Good luck

Racheyg Tue 09-Feb-16 22:33:56

Thanks everyone.

It's so awful seeing them in that much pain. I'm going to try prunes and hope the gp on Thursday will be able to prescribe movicol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now