Talk

Advanced search

DS bullying a friend!

(5 Posts)
mamanestfolle Mon 08-Feb-16 23:33:25

My DS is 4 and was on a playdate today with 2 other friends. 2 of them ganged up on the other, locking themselves in a room saying the other child couldn't join them, refusing to share toys etc... The other child was very i upset. I was not present during the incident.

I asked DS to apologise and have told him his behaviour is not what I expect from him and that I am very disappointed. I have explained he needs to look after his friends and that behaving as he did made his friend very sad.

I have apologised to the other mum, I sent her an email earlier and suggested a playdate so that our sons can build a stronger relationship and that hopefully this does not happen again.

She has been lovely about it all and is up for meeting for a playdate.

I really don't want this to be repeated... Is this behaviour 'normal' at that age? A bit lost as to how to deal with this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

pinkcan Mon 08-Feb-16 23:43:36

Three is generally not a great number of kids to play. 2 will pair up and exclude the other.

waterrat Tue 09-Feb-16 16:43:29

They are very young I think you are over thinking. ...

lunar1 Tue 09-Feb-16 16:46:14

I would also avoid groups of three, it's not good at any age! I'd have to ask about the level of supervision though. There would be no possibility of bullying if I had 3, 4 year olds at mine. I think they were left to it too much.

caravanista Tue 09-Feb-16 16:46:53

They are very young but it sounds like you've handled it very well - he does need to start to understand the impact of his actions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now