Talk

Advanced search

5 year old party - help needed please

(5 Posts)
Frazzledmum123 Wed 03-Feb-16 21:55:28

Hello,

My son turns 5 in March and wants a disco. Does anyone have any recommendations for good disco people to hire? At the moment I am looking at Oxfordshire Kids Disco (I'm in Oxfordshire)- they seem really good but I can't find more than 2 independent reviews for them and I am a worrier! I'd like someone who will keep a group of 30 kids entertained but that centres around the dancing side of things rather than just games

Also have considered an animal party (where someone brings animals to show them) but I think 30 kids may be too big a group for that - anyone been to one of these?

Any help would be appreciated, these things terrify me!

LovelyFriend Wed 03-Feb-16 21:59:55

I did one myself for DD.

LovelyFriend Wed 03-Feb-16 22:01:13

Glow sticks, dancing, limbo, conga, disco ball etc. By the time you've done all that and had food time is whizzing by.

Frazzledmum123 Wed 03-Feb-16 22:21:13

Thanks LovelyFriend - I am tempted, I said to hubby today that we could do a few traditional party games and I do have disco lights but the thought terrifies me, its making a prat of myself in front of the parents more than the kids! They are lovely kids but do tend to get distracted as all 5 years olds do and I don't know that I would be confident enough to get their attention and do it myself.....it is really appealing though

ElviraCondomine Thu 04-Feb-16 07:55:11

Find a willing teenager to help out?
Most Rainbows/Beavers/Cubs/Brownies have teen Young Leaders who are more than comfortable organising party games and dancing with little ones. (If we were in Oxfordshire I'd lend you my DD1 and her BFF as they help with Rainbows and love to work with 5 year olds.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now