Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just has a little weep after a charity shop visit

(7 Posts)
IrianofWay Tue 02-Feb-16 15:58:42

My eldest is 19 years old, DD is 16 and DS2 is 12 so you'd think I'd be past all this nonsense. DS2 has 'inherited' all the outgrown toys and books of the older two so we never had to tackle the issue before. Consequently his room is rammed. He decided to have a clear out of some of the books in his room. So today in my lunch hour I took two large bags for life full of outgrown children's books. I debated long and hard about what I could keep (for the grandchildren hmm) and decided that the vast majority had to go if the children didn't want them.

I thought I had gone through all this when we dumped the baby stuff. Heartwrenching sad.

lljkk Tue 02-Feb-16 20:27:39

Someone I know is also saving brio & Duplo for grandchildren.. should say her eldest is not yet 18 & she'd be horrified if she's a gran within 10 yrs.

I can't wait to get rid of most of it myself.

RomComPhooey Tue 02-Feb-16 20:31:10

When the kids outgrow their Lego we plan to put it in the loft so we (DH & I) can get it down to play with from time to time. There is some of ours from the 70s/80s in the boxes anyway.

RomComPhooey Tue 02-Feb-16 20:32:25

And I'm keeping the Duplo for me - it took me a while to accumulate all the animals & the menagerie is mine!

BrianButterfield Tue 02-Feb-16 20:41:20

Lego is worth keeping though! DS and DNephew love to play with DH's old stuff at Grandma and Grandad's.

IrianofWay Wed 03-Feb-16 10:32:43

Lego and playmobil is being kept. That isn';t the issue really. There is a huge box of model animals and another of vehicles - redolent of memories. But yes..... getting rid means we will get our conservatory back again...just in time for DS2 to turn into a reptile/insect house and tropical jungle!

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Feb-16 10:37:59

Can you take pics of the toys for posterity?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now