Talk

Advanced search

lowest temperature 37.9

(5 Posts)
uhoh2016 Sun 31-Jan-16 23:33:48

Ds is 11m he's been off all day. Best way to describe him is being like koala bear stuck to me. He was a little cranky yesterday but still had an appetite however today he's refused all solid foods but has had about 25oz of formula during the day and has wet nappies. Today he's mainly snoozed on me his temperature has fluctuated between 37.9 and 38.7 he's had calpol every 4 hrs. I'm not sure it's his teeth as he had 3 come through at once few weeks ago without any bother at all.
Should I be worried or is regular calpol and fluids enough?

uhoh2016 Mon 01-Feb-16 08:58:21

Bumping - temperature now staying at 38.2 he's drinking plenty and having wet nappies

Topsy34 Tue 02-Feb-16 05:17:16

Hoping you have sought medical advice now? Constant high temp needs assessment from a medical person

MintyBojingles Tue 02-Feb-16 15:45:14

Unlikely to be his teeth, sounds like a virus. Is he better today? Responding normally otherwise? If he gets worse on any way take him to get checked out.

youlemming Tue 02-Feb-16 20:31:28

DD2 was like this on Friday and ended up in the out of hrs who was close to sending us to Pead's A&E to be monitored.
Hopefully you have it under control now (with it being 2 days ago) but for anyone else or for you the next time the doctor said to alternate calpol with nurofen every 2 hrs (still having the 4 hr gap between the doses of each individually) and it worked a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now