Talk

Advanced search

Growing up too fast

(5 Posts)
Jvo82 Sun 24-Jan-16 23:27:32

Does anyone get emotional when they put their kids/babies to bed, look at their beautiful children and realise that they're growing up soooo/toooo fast? You love them so much that you could burst, sometimes doubt or worry/hope that you have done right by them because you never want to let them down. The thought and sound of their laughter is the highlight of your life? My ds is 3 and dd is 1 going on 3

sandylion Sun 24-Jan-16 23:42:29

Absolutely yes! I cry sometimes looking at them sleeping. It's too sore and happy at the same time.

coffeeisnectar Sun 24-Jan-16 23:47:34

It flies by. Both of mine are too old to be carried to bed now. My oldest is going to be 18 this year. I'm going to be the parent of an adult.

But as much as I miss those squidgy little bodies and the little arms round my neck, it's amazing watching them grow and develop and mature into young adults ready to fly the nest. They will always need guidance and support and as long as we do our best to bring them up well and have a good relationship with them, we will never lose them.

And the gift for not throttling them as teenagers is grandchildren

MintSource Mon 25-Jan-16 12:32:10

Thanks for your post, Jvo. I thought I was the only one.

Once DS (17 months) is in bed (after I have mooned over him), I look through a selection of photos and videos of him. Some recent, some 'early days'. I would do it all over again if I could - even the really really hard bits.

Motherhood has made me really soft. But I don't care. smile

angemorange Mon 25-Jan-16 12:42:02

My DP jokes that I never really enjoy any events like nativity plays, prize giving, sports day etc as I'm too busy being emotional about them passing!

He's right though - my DS is 9 and the years have literally went by in a flash. I'm trying to enjoy it all and but it's really fleeting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now