Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

bricking it - I'm late

(11 Posts)
Tootsieglitterballs Fri 22-Jan-16 18:39:17

Bricking it - we have our fab son who is about to turn 1 - and I'm late.

4 days late.

Hubby has gone to get a test for the morning.

We are using contraception - and haven't had any 'one offs' where we haven't - and I know it's not always 100% protection, but chuffing Nora.

We plan to have another hopefully in maybe 2-3 years or so, not right now! I have absolutely no idea how we will deal with 2, or how our first born will deal with it.

Advice / words of wisdom / horror stories / success stories / funny stories to make me giggle and hopefully see the positive side in this if we see a positive sign on that little stick I have to pee on tomorrow.

ALemonyPea Fri 22-Jan-16 18:43:02

Get him to get a double test, do one now and one in the morning.

I found going from 1 to 2 much easier as I knew what to expect from a baby. I struggled with just one.

Good luck, hope you get the result you want.

BrushtheHeat Fri 22-Jan-16 18:47:24

You don't need to wait 'til morning if you're late.
I don't have any anecdotes other than to tell you that all three of my dc were a surprise and that things will work out. And if you are pregnant, you will look back and not be able to imagine life without your second dc. My family is perfect, and I wouldn't have it any other way! smile

Tootsieglitterballs Fri 22-Jan-16 19:14:57

Thanks both - shall get him on the case (he's working till late so it will be much later on tonight I can test) - shall make sure I do one tonight & tomorrow.

My cycle has been so up and down since having our son - ranging from 24 days to 28 days (and once 31 days) - today is day 32.

I'm sure if it's positive, everything will work itself out - we just had such a bad birth experience, followed by me having a really bad few months that I fear it will be just like that all over again, but with a toddler in tow.

I (and hubby) both have such an amazing relationship with our little boy - it's scaring me how he would be affected.

BrushtheHeat Fri 22-Jan-16 19:27:12

It will affect your little ds, he will have to get used to your time being split between him and a sibling. But he will gain so, so much more. As will you. And love, unlike time, is not finite and the addition of another dc can only increase the love in your family. Gosh that sounds cheesy but so true! My friend has 11 1/2 months between her two dc, one boy, one girl. They are close now as teens and were fantastic playmates. Also, you have a shorter length of time when you are raising very young children. It's easier to cater for two dc of a similar age than two with a gap larger than say, two years. There are five yrs between my two eldest dc. It was a bit of a shock as I was just getting settled in to having a school aged child and enjoying the independence we both had when I fell pregnant again. You are in the swing of it now so should be less of a lifestyle change!
As for pnd, I think forewarned is forearmed. You know what to look for and expect and your partner should know how to support you. I had serious pnd with my eldest but could "manage" it better when I experienced it to a lesser extent with my subsequent dc. And a difficult birth experience will obviously give you a bit of anxiety but there's no reason why you can't experience an uncomplicated birth the next time. All of my labours were different even though their weights were similar.
Good luck!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 22-Jan-16 19:31:05

Don't worry about your Ds, he's tiny, he won't remember he was a singleton.. it'll be fine.

BrushtheHeat Fri 22-Jan-16 19:35:07

Good point through

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Fri 22-Jan-16 19:39:28

I'd recommend a FRER as they are the easist to read

Tootsieglitterballs Fri 22-Jan-16 20:01:15

Done a test (who knew I had one deep in the bottom of my knicker drawer) and it was negative. Definitely testing in the morning though just to be sure.

Will be Sod's law Aunt Flo will appear just as hubby gets home having spent £15 on tests...!

There is a small part of me that's actually disappointed - I'm so daft.

ChickadeeChick Fri 22-Jan-16 20:11:49

Tootsie I do that, it's normal to feel a bit disappointed even though it never was. We aren't TTC, our DD is 2. We are planning to in 8 months or so, and are not using any contraception (only condoms but we've run out and no one has bothered buying any) and I get really panicky but excited if I'm a bit late, then a bit disappointed when AF arrives. It's not daft. thanks for you X

Tootsieglitterballs Sun 24-Jan-16 12:18:05

Thank you lovely. Glad I'm not the only one!

The more and more we have thought about it over the last couple of days, the more we think we might stop being careful towards the end of the year (we have a huge trip in the autumn so I really don't want to be pregnant for that - 24hours of flying!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now