Talk

Advanced search

Kindle Fire for Kids..

(7 Posts)
TheStorySoFar Wed 20-Jan-16 19:59:47

Not sure if this is the right place, so redirect me if not...my 8YO DD got a KF HD for kids (the package one) & I'm curious what other kids are using theirs for. Due to a v hectic C'mas & January (illness & bereavement) I haven't gotten round to sitting down & having a really thorough look at it myself. Nor have I set up any Parental Controls. So far my DD is using hers for Survivalcraft & Toca games mostly....

Gobbolino6 Wed 20-Jan-16 20:04:52

Mine adore theirs, they're only six though. They just browse the content...sometimes they read books, or watch videos of their favourite TV shows. They love the Toca games (I don't get the appeal), and also a lot of the drawing and maths games. I've downloaded some other apps for them like Minecraft.

backinaminute Wed 20-Jan-16 20:08:45

We've got two as well but mine are younger (3 and 4). Peppa pig and Toca are favourites here.

Have you put sd cards in? I've just ordered some because they are just click happy and have filled them up already.

pepperrabbit Wed 20-Jan-16 20:20:31

I bought normal Fires for my 3 (11,9,7) mainly because they were cheaper than the Fire for Kids! We have subscribed to the Unlimited Kids thing which I gather is very similar to the Fire for Kids.
I have set parental controls on all 3 so they can read unlimited books, but have a maximum 1.5 hours on apps and maybe an hour on videos?
You can set different max for weekdays and weekends and I have a master pin no and control all 3. You can reverse the maximum times and set targets instead if you want.
It's worked well for us.

Sgoinneal Thu 21-Jan-16 12:30:06

My 2.7 yo has one blush... Gift from granny. Great for travelling. He's a good bit younger than your LO, but:

He loves Toca/Sago games and the Thomas and Friends books. I've allowed him to have iPlayer on it (with parental pin) so he can get CBeebies programmes. He loves their apps too.

AndNowItsSeven Thu 21-Jan-16 12:36:35

I love the Toca games especially the hairdressing and cooking onesgrin

SaggingTits Thu 21-Jan-16 12:41:06

My 3 year old has one. He uses it for games, general 'browsing' and watching films and shite on youtube

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now