Talk

Advanced search

Dressing a April/may baby?

(8 Posts)
kamillaw Wed 13-Jan-16 21:54:21

Can anyone help? Both my girls are winter/autumn babies.

Will I need long sleeve sleepsuits still I'm assuming yes for a newborn. Vest underneath and cardi? That should be enough shouldn't it?

Gahhhh

LittleBearPad Wed 13-Jan-16 22:12:52

I had a May baby. Her first week we had such a cold snap that meant DH headed to mothercare to buy a pram suit (happily in the sale. Two weeks later we had a heatwave and she spent most days in a short sleeve vest, or just her nappy. Sorry that's not much help is it!

I worked on the basis of a vest and a sleep suit generally. I had cardies but rarely used them.

kamillaw Wed 13-Jan-16 22:19:20

Thank you!

NorthernLurker Wed 13-Jan-16 22:27:06

I've had two April babies. I liked cardis and yes a vest and sleepsuit. Congratulations - it's a lovely time of year to have a baby.

TheSecondViola Wed 13-Jan-16 22:29:12

Whatever time of year they are born, there is a simple rule: one layer more than you need for yourself.

Archer26 Wed 13-Jan-16 22:43:31

I had an April baby. Although on the day he was born it was quite mild but we brought him home in a vest, sleep suit, Cardi and blanket PFB , the few weeks after were very dull and cold. So he often went out in all the above and an extra blanket. But then we had the warmest June for a while so he lived in nappies and vests for a few weeks . Good old British weather.

Good advice I was given-always put them in one extra layer that you would wear.

Archer26 Wed 13-Jan-16 22:44:03

Cross post smile Great minds and all that.

kamillaw Thu 14-Jan-16 22:58:54

It's amazing what you forget - one layer extra! Will get on the sleepsuits and cardigan shopping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now