Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New car seat for 15mo

(10 Posts)
AngelsWithFilthySouls Fri 08-Jan-16 11:16:21

Apologies if this has been done to death but I'm just looking for experiences of the best group 1+ car seats as reviews online aren't consistent.

We have a petite DS (preemie) who really needs to move from his silver cross simplicity seat but are struggling to choose the best option.

Ideally, we want it to be as safe as possible but using a seatbelt rather than base (seat moves between our car and my DM's). My other option was to buy 2 so one with isofix for our car and a cheaper one for my Mum's as he's only in her car once a week (short journey). But don't know if that's ridiculous to even contemplate just a basic seat even if it is only once a week?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

dementedpixie Fri 08-Jan-16 13:05:06

Is he still within the weight limit/height limit on his current seat?

AngelsWithFilthySouls Fri 08-Jan-16 13:09:15

He's within the weight limit as it goes up to 13kg but he's definitely too long for it now as head at the top and legs are half way up the car! It's quite a squash to get him in.

Ideally, still looking for him to rear face at least in our car.

eurochick Fri 08-Jan-16 13:10:00

We've got the new 2 way pearl for our also premmie daughter. It does have a base but it should be fairly easy to move between our car and our nanny's (not tried yet but it only took a couple of mins to fit in our car) b

AngelsWithFilthySouls Fri 08-Jan-16 13:28:04

Thanks euro that's good to know. Sitting outside mothercare at the moment as DS is currently napping in old seat and I daren't wake him!

Topsyloulou Fri 08-Jan-16 13:28:06

We've got a Britax dual fix in our car. It turns 360 degrees so really easy to get DS in & out of & he can rear or forward face. We have a Britax thunder in my mums car. We got it on a good deal. He's only there once a week & they don't always go out but if I'm running late at work she can go & pick him up & we don't have to worry about a seat. We've just ordered Britax evolva for DPs van as he drops DS off a couple of mornings a week.

AngelsWithFilthySouls Fri 08-Jan-16 13:50:44

I do like the idea of the swivel to make getting him in and out a lot easier as we often park in a tight car park where I'm struggling to get the door wide enough for me to lift him in to a rear facing seat.

Thanks for the extra ideas I can google whilst still in a car park listening to him snore grin

Gotosleep123 Fri 08-Jan-16 21:45:51

We have a two way pearl for dc1 and the assis-fix for DC2 (also maxi cosi). Both meet the new i-size regulations and the assis-fix has 360 swivel. Love both of them! Expensive though

helly29 Sat 09-Jan-16 19:53:34

We've got the nuna rebl and I'm pretty happy with it - it also swivels 360 degrees. Chose this one over the other swivel seats (britax dual fix, cybex during etc.) as the weight limit is 19.5kg rather than 12kg and my son is 95th centile for weight! May not be an issue for you but should last a long time. I think a forward facing cheaper seat for a short journey is OK occasionally - it's not like they are unsafe.

helly29 Sat 09-Jan-16 19:55:01

That should be 18kg not 12kg for the other seats

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now