Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

12 month old temp 39.5 after jabs today

(10 Posts)
nuggles Mon 04-Jan-16 20:31:02

And he's refusing to take any calpol.

We tried to give him some and he threw the lot up, including his dinner.

Any ideas? What temp would you call out of hours?

whothefuckhas5children Mon 04-Jan-16 20:34:59

Strip him down to vest or just nappy.
An ice pop if you have one or add ice to a sippy cup or bottle of water. This will cool his core temp quickly.

Para link suppository so there's no chance of vomiting. This will work quicker than the oral liquid.
How long after giving him the medicine did he vomit?

nuggles Mon 04-Jan-16 20:46:08

He vomited straight away within seconds of me giving him calpol, so don't think more than one ml went in.

He's in his vest and his temp has come down to 38.8.

DH and I are toying with whether we should give him half a dose of calpol now.

Wow never knew there were such a thing as paracetamol suppositories, thanks for that

Doublebubblebubble Mon 04-Jan-16 20:55:21

Yup strip him down and ice cream/ice pops. Ice pops are easier. If you have a fan. Wack that on (in the corner of the room not directly on him and when he's cooler he might be less fussy so you can try with Calpol again. Failing that aim the syringe into the space between hi
S teeth and his cheek. I didn't think suppositories could be given to children (outside of use by hcp)?? That's what the Dr said when my DD had a febrile convulsion ..

Doublebubblebubble Mon 04-Jan-16 20:55:54

*in the U.K. Anyway...

whothefuckhas5children Mon 04-Jan-16 21:07:52

Am outside UK but found this thread on mumsnet. I had some qualms initially but once you've done it and seen the results it's very hard to argue against suppositories

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/746108-Why-don-39-t-the-British-like-putting-things-up/AllOnOnePage

nuggles Mon 04-Jan-16 21:15:18

Didn't think of ice cream - went down a treat smile

And managed to get 3ml of calpol down him so better than before.

Thanks for your advice both of you, much calmer now - this is the first time he's reacted against jabs and probably why I panicked!

whothefuckhas5children Mon 04-Jan-16 21:22:14

smile glad to be of help and delighted he's feeling better

Doublebubblebubble Mon 04-Jan-16 21:58:42

No problems smile x I always have an emergency tub of ice cream (occasionally gets eaten by me...) and ice pops in the freezer for this. Glad he's better too x

nuggles Mon 04-Jan-16 23:39:52

Thank you! I love the support on this site, it's fantastic! 😀 x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now