Talk

Advanced search

First Jabs :(

(6 Posts)
nicg85 Mon 04-Jan-16 17:33:55

My DD has just had her first jabs. It was awful she screamed so bad and it took her ages to settle. Her next jabs are in 4 weeks. The nurse said she probably won't get as upset at the next ones but I find that hard to believe. I'm already dreading taking her again.
Can anyone tell me how your LO's reacted after first jabs and if they didn't get as upset at the second lot of jabs??

Thanks

Queazy Mon 04-Jan-16 17:47:06

Hi there, I cried when my dd had her first jabs. Their legs are so tiny and I think it's a big shock. She still cried second time round but it was honestly far less dramatic. I can really empathise thanks

nicg85 Mon 04-Jan-16 19:24:52

I cried too and I think that's why it took her a while to settle because she could sense I was upset. I must be strong next time and not cry!! Thanks, hope my DD is not as upset next time.

lilac3033 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:22:48

First jabs were definitely the worst. I wasn't expecting them as it was our post natal check up and the letter didn't mention them. I think DD cried a lot less on the second and third ones. I remember the Nurse who did the third jabs saying that the PCV is the really nippy one. Babies get that in the first and third jabs. So hopefully the ones in 4 weeks will be much easier!

WelliesTheyAreWonderful Tue 05-Jan-16 00:13:56

It's difficult to not get upset when your baby cries, but maybe you can use the knowledge she's not going to like it to your benefit - for example you could prepare to (pretend to) be all jolly and sing to try and distract her or something. DS's first jabs were the worst too.

dinodiva Tue 05-Jan-16 09:25:41

My DD had her second lot last week. For the first one she was fairly subdued for about 36 hours (probably from the calpol). The second set have coincided with a nasty cold, but other than some explosive poo she's been fine and has been her normal jolly self. She settled fairly quickly afterwards as soon as I plugged her on the boob. For the first set I took her to the doc in the sling so that she felt more snuggly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now