Talk

Advanced search

Advice dreamfeed experience please.

(6 Posts)
SnowWhite26 Wed 30-Dec-15 23:46:55

About 2 weeks ago my now 11 week old started to get tired so we were putting her to bed at 7-8 witg last feed beyween 5 and 6.We then introduced a dream feed at 10-11.she is always in a very deep sleep but it worked well and she never woke up. She then stirs a few times in the night and needs dummy put bk in and then has a feed between 5.30 and 7ish when ever she wakes up. In the past few nights she has fully woken when been put down in cot after d feed and wiggled loads and taken a while to settle. She has also started wanting food earlier in the morn. I dunno whether to iliminate dreamfeed and just wait for her to wake for food naturally as i am losing loads of sleep as it takes a while to settle after and she sometimes wakes up being a bit sick. Advice plz x

Pollyputhtekettleon Thu 31-Dec-15 09:01:16

Try it and see how it goes. A parents worst enemy is fear of implementing change!

Rosenwyn1985 Thu 31-Dec-15 11:12:39

Keep in mind if it's only a few nights it could be a growth spurt. Mine is 18 weeks old and goes through a few days here and there of wanting a full bottle at about half nine. Normally he has a feed about six, then just a little at about half eight.

ODog Thu 31-Dec-15 13:35:21

I would say wait for her to wake and feed on demand. Babies sleep/feed patterns change so frequently I would just be flexible and go with what gets everyone the most sleep.

Elaheh Sat 02-Jan-16 21:33:32

I offer my 3-month-old a dream feed around midnight, he usually accepts and then sleeps through until around 6am.
I offer an extra dream-feed if he seems unsettled and wriggly, he usually feeds then goes back into a deep sleep.
Without the dream-feed he wakes for a feed around 3am.

Murphyslaw21 Sun 03-Jan-16 08:10:00

Mine has slept through now most nights but if I drop dream feed which I have tried a few times she wakes around 3.

Other nights she refuses to take anything but last night took 7oz.

My theory is I'll keep doing it for a while longer if she takes it she must want it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now