Talk

Advanced search

What to put in party bags for toddler's birthday party?

(11 Posts)
Squishyeyeballs Wed 30-Dec-15 21:27:50

My little boy is turning 2 soon and we're having a party for him in our local soft play to minimise mess and stress at home Looking for ideas for things I can put into little party bags for the children attending. Most will be 1-2 years old. Tia smile

Topsy34 Wed 30-Dec-15 21:52:07

I love party pieces for bag fillers, but dont leave it too long, they use yodel now and have had failed delivery before. Customer service is excellent though.

They do little plastic boats, i got those for ds1 2nd party, they fill the bag well so you don't need loads. So i think i did a boat, choc coins, pot of bubbles and a helium balloon tied to the handle

SausageSmuggler Wed 30-Dec-15 21:52:17

Balloon
Bubbles
Cake

Done grin

Theknacktoflying Wed 30-Dec-15 21:55:20

Please no uninflated balloons for toddlers!! they are two - doubtful if they can blow bubbles either ... sorry!
The best party gift my son ever received was a plastic football

Laquila Wed 30-Dec-15 21:59:59

Wilko and Yorkshire Trading are good for this kind of thing.

I'd advise stickers, possibly a squishy ball. A plastic boat is a good idea.

planter Wed 30-Dec-15 22:03:14

Bubbles
Bouncy ball
Pack of crayons
Smarties

Francescal88 Wed 30-Dec-15 22:03:38

Hawkins Bazaar are very good and also very cheap. Bracelets, wind-up toys, little cars and boats, Milkybar buttons/Jelly Tots, colouring books and pencils, bouncy balls?

Squishyeyeballs Wed 30-Dec-15 22:53:56

Brilliant thanks for the ideas smile Yes, my ds loves stickers so will definitely include some smile And some chocolate buttons and perhaps a car or boat. Thanks again smile

NorahBone Fri 01-Jan-16 00:29:45

No bubbles? 1/2 year olds love bubbles and encouraging them to blow bubbles is good for speech development. I found the pound shop good for tiny board books and little bath toys. You could buy bath squirters or rubber ducks in packs and split them between the bags?

PlaymobilPirate Fri 01-Jan-16 00:39:20

A book or a helium balloon. I hate all the plastic shite in party bags!

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Fri 01-Jan-16 15:36:07

Those mini books you get in set of 6 like peppa, Thomas, chiggington etc for £3.50 in asda and divide them up, little cars usually get set 3 in poundland, bubbles, chocolate coins (pirate treasure), stickers, mini pks crayons or colouring pencils asda smartprice colouring pencils used to be 18p a pk, light up balloon .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now