Talk

Advanced search

Ok sleeper turned in to grunting nightmare

(3 Posts)
Merlin333 Tue 29-Dec-15 18:07:32

My lg is is 12 wks today, after having colic in the early wks she had improved alot and she had started doing quite a few nights of 11- 5 or 6 which was brilliant however this has gone out the window over the last week and she wakes herself up grunting and thrashing about so aftrr an initial 2 hrs of sleep she is unsettled on and off every hour, last night i couldnt even put jrr down im moses basket at all cos it wld start as soon as i did! Her basket is elevated but i had to have her in with me which obviously isnt elevated amd still it continuued i had 3.5 hrs of broken sleep. She has always grunted a bit but usually for an hr b4 she woke but i was used to it and cpuld sleep thru it but now its on for hrs and it wakes her and i defo cant sleep. I havr read lots of stories about this and people saying thdy grow out of it by 3 mths so im confused as to y she hss started this at 11 -12 wks when she had been sleeping well. Soooo tired now and feeling frustrated !!

YouStillLookLikeAMovie Tue 29-Dec-15 19:30:32

Sadly many babies go through random periods. You just have to do your best to ride it out.

Could it be a cold?

ODog Tue 29-Dec-15 20:07:54

Agree with pp. sleep is not linear and they will all go through times of sleeping well, not so well. My DS was a terrible grunter and it turns out he just hates sleeping on his back. He fell asleep in the crook of my arm one night and as I tried to roll him off he ended up on his front and didn't grunt at all. As soon as he could roll he slept on his front every time and still does. Even now at 18mo he doesn't sleep well in a car seat or pram as he can't be on his front. Obviously not recommended under sids guidelines but I know very few babies that naturally choose to sleep on their back once they are able to roll.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now