Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby not hungry after a growth spurt?

(3 Posts)
Shootingstar2289 Wed 23-Dec-15 16:42:32

My daughter is 23 weeks old. Yesterday and the day before she was VERY hungry. Went from 7oz to 8oz bottles every 3 hours and eating small amount of food once or twice a day. She was drinking 6-7oz every 4-5 hours before this.

But today. I cannot get her to have much. She had 6oz at 5.30am. 4oz at 9. 6oz at 12. It's now half 4 and she is refusing milk. She has had no solids today as focusing on her getting her to have her bottle.

Is this normal? She is having less than before what I thought was a growth spurt..

ODog Thu 24-Dec-15 12:16:43

Maybe she just had a hungry couple of days and now not so much. My DS has hungry days and days when he eats like a small bird. I guess I have hungry/not hungry days too so why should babies/toddlers/children be any different. He is 18mo so a bit older but I'm sure he has always been a bit like that. I wouldn't worry too much Just offer milk/solids regularly and if she wants it, she'll have it.

skankingpiglet Thu 24-Dec-15 17:22:09

Don't worry, babies aren't known for starving themselves smile
My DD has always eaten loads in the run up to a growth spurt, and her appetite drops immediately afterwards. Did your DD wake up looking like her sleep suit had been sprayed on this morning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now