Talk

Advanced search

Baby formula - Best One?

(8 Posts)
Nicshev Tue 22-Dec-15 22:03:48

Hi smile

Was just looking for some previous experience and advice from you all!

I used cow & gate formula milk with my first baby and didn't really have any issues. Most people I talk to have said they would use Aptimil formula for their babies...

What's your opinions on the best formula?

Thanks smile

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 22-Dec-15 22:07:04

Aptamil and C&G are made by the same company so are pretty much of a muchness (as my granny used to say)

LibrariesgaveusP0wer Tue 22-Dec-15 22:09:17

They are all the same. They have to be by law.

its like debating whether a granny Smith is better or worse than a Cox apple.

It's not like, say, chocolate, where there is good stuff and cheap stuff.

Aptamil has good marketing. Not a superior product.

DeltaZeta Tue 22-Dec-15 22:11:34

All formula milk in the UK has to meet the same rigorous standards.

Aptimal is more expensive so is generally seen as a premium brand. But it is made by the same company that produce Cow and Gate and is practically identical.

comeagainforbigfudge Tue 22-Dec-15 22:11:35

I was just about to use that phrase fblush

I use hipp organic. And one of my friends just changed her baby from aptamil to hipp. Just need to make sure it's available in supermarket near you.

bebo100 Tue 22-Dec-15 22:20:13

DS1 seemed quite happy with any brand we gave him and never minded mixing. We took him to Spain a couple of times and he was also happy with the brands we tried there so really don't think there's a lot in it.
Aptimal and SMA powder seemed to mix a little easier I thought than Cow & Gate and Hipp.
But to be honest if your baby is happy i'd just go with whatever your local shop sells.

Flingingmelon Tue 22-Dec-15 22:51:56

It's been a while but iirc SMA gold was a bit more likely to cause constipation when they're really little than some of the others.

Chococroc Wed 23-Dec-15 19:13:18

The best one is usually the one that you can get easily at a local shop. They're all pretty much the same, although some babies take to one better than others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now