Talk

Advanced search

no poo and bad wind

(5 Posts)
Focusfocus Mon 21-Dec-15 13:20:12

My ebf 9 week old hasn't pooped since Thursday when he had his rotavirus and other vaccines. He's ebf. Producing the most noxious wind all the time and feeds unwillingly. His farts are mind numbingly stinky. All unusual for him. Any ideas?

scarednoob Tue 22-Dec-15 23:17:51

I think anything up to about 10 days is normal. DD had a week recently where this happened. 8 days with no poo - it was epic when it finally arrived!

I wouldn't worry at all, but call your HV if it gets to a week; that is what NHS direct told me to do. In the event, the poo arrived before I made the call.

scarednoob Tue 22-Dec-15 23:18:40

There are things you can do to help - mostly rubbing his tummy in a counter clockwise direction and bicycling his legs. This can get things moving!

Topsy34 Wed 23-Dec-15 08:01:15

It's because the rotavirus vaccine is live, your baby effectively has mild rotavirus and has to fight it. In the future if your baby contracts rotavirus, you will see the illness but just not as severe

2ndSopranosRule Sat 26-Dec-15 18:50:08

We has had this with dd2 - she was colicky too and once the colic stopped she seemed better in that respect.

We found baby massage seemed to help with any discomfort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now