Talk

Advanced search

Help, my daughter would love Makka Pakka's sponge for Christmas!

(3 Posts)
chuffinalong Sun 20-Dec-15 20:45:39

Hi, my 10 year old daughter would love to have Makka Pakka's sponge from In the night garden. God knows why, but she's been looking for one for quite some time.
Do you know if it's possible to dye a normal sponge in a kind of tie dye way? I could then get a pink one and tie die the green? Or do you know if there is anywhere that would sell one? I've looked online but there are only fake plastic ones which come with that Og pog thing.
Thanks.

StickyNeep Sun 20-Dec-15 21:46:08

Easiest way I guess would be to get a plain sponge and some permanent pink and green markers (like sharpies) to draw the pattern. I think the colour would hold when washed, not that I've tried this on sponge but they tend to work with synthetic materials.
It would be difficult to tie dye it both because of the swirly sort of pattern and the shape plus the high-absorbancy of the sponge.
You could try something like Dylon dye (places like Wilko usually sell them), if you mix the powder to make a paint, I'd do the pink 1st, let it dry then the green, again I haven't tried this but it might work. Good luck!

chuffinalong Mon 21-Dec-15 15:23:17

Thank you, that's brilliant. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now