Talk

Advanced search

Broncholitis

(4 Posts)
HitShappens Wed 16-Dec-15 19:18:53

Last night I took DD to OOH GP as she was struggling to breathe and we were admitted to hospital.

The doctors there at first couldn't work out what was wrong as her chest was crackly but her breathing wasn't 'typical' for broncholitis. Had to be kept it overnight as she was really working hard to breathe.

Didn't sleep a wink was on a chair next to her and she wouldn't sleep either so was shattered! Anyway she had an x ray confirmed broncholitis got sent home, was so tired I didn't ask many questions, so I'm wondering is there a time limit to keep her off nursery?

She seems much better in herself still very, very wheezy and has slept a lot today could be because she didn't sleep last night though, I'm on a foundation degree and have a presentation to do on Friday! Should only be there an hour max but don't have any other childcare, she's 1 next week. If your child has had this how long did you keep them off for?

Bertieboo1 Wed 16-Dec-15 19:29:02

My DS had this but it must have been a milder case as it didn't massively affect his breathing - more just a persistent cough but the GP diagnosed bronchiolitis (had never heard of it before!). So we didn't have him off nursery at all as he was well enough to go.

HitShappens Wed 16-Dec-15 20:01:17

Thankyou, she seems well enough in herself has a cough and wheezy though. Might just keep her off tomorrow and send her in on Friday then smile

Bertieboo1 Thu 17-Dec-15 19:32:54

Hope she is feeling better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now