Talk

Advanced search

Is this baby blues?

(11 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Wed 16-Dec-15 13:56:43

I feel so sick right now just want to be able to enjoy my newborn and dd but constantly in tears.
I've had more sleep last night that didn't help. There's arguments in the fanily about Xmas arrangements, I'm going to have to miss my dd's preschool party because I'm so sore after birth.
I don't want any visitors but at the same time I feel like I should.
If its baby blues when will it go? Ds one week old.

GinGinGin Wed 16-Dec-15 14:02:07

Hi OP

It could be, in which case it should pass within another couple of weeks. It is frustrating and heartbreaking though when you desperately want to enjoy your newborn but can't. It's a stressful time of year and your body has been through a lot of stress with the birth so be kind to yourself and try to relax as much as possible. Fresh air is good too, so if you can, do try to get out, even if for only 5 mins. Do you have friends who can come over to keep you company? cakecake

Doublebubblebubble Wed 16-Dec-15 14:03:54

It could be ?? It all sounds normal to me (but im not a medical professional so i have no idea)

Baby blues (as far as I'm aware and i could be wrong) starts around say 4 and goes any time after that. I cried and cried day 4 and felt just inconsolable (ds wouldn't latch properly, my nipples were cracked and bleeding, id just had an emcs and I was utterly exhausted) It went away the next day.. If you mean pnd then that can come/go at anytime. You should have a day 10 visit from your health visitor so do speak to her. Its such a crazy time when baby is first born but the dust will settle soon x good luck op x

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 16-Dec-15 15:43:55

Hopefully it passes soon.
Don't feel like seeing anyone at all gin which is weird for me but I feel and look like crap and the house needs a good tidy up so I don't feel up to it.

Flamingo1980 Wed 16-Dec-15 20:15:18

I didn't want any visitors at all - even my best friends - until my baby was at least two months. It's your primal instincts kicking in which is protecting you whilst you and your baby are at your most vulnerable.
Worst time of year to be feeling this so if you have to have visitors then ask that they only stay briefly and only let your nearest and dearest in.
Big hugs xxx

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 16-Dec-15 21:03:06

I've been putting people off until next week but I'm not sure I'll be up to it then either. I just feel so shitty but need to sort myself out its christmas next week sad

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 16-Dec-15 21:03:42

Sorry meant to add thanks all in last msg

nephrofox Thu 17-Dec-15 08:44:35

You don't have to do anything for Xmas except cuddle your baby. I assume your older DD has some presents sorted? Well that's it.

Send their Dad to get Xmas lunch from M&S. Order some xmas DVDs online. Enjoy a week of pj days.

Seriously EVERYONE else can sort their own Xmas out

Sleepybunny Thu 17-Dec-15 08:52:43

Haven't got anything to add, just offering a hand to hold. DD2 is 15 days.
Take each day and feed at a time, and do your best to be kind to yourself. Try to steal some time for a bath or a coffee and cake.

I missed DD1s first Christmas show too and not spending as much quality time with her is breaking my heart too.

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 17-Dec-15 09:24:29

Thanks both.
Thankfully all presebts sorted Fox its now family politics kicking off- merry christmas! I've said I'm not getting involved so hopefully it will settle today.
Bunny I think its the hardest part of all this sad I didn't expect to feel this much guilt I feel bloody awful she asked me to take her to school today and was disappointed when I said I couldn't sad I'm trying to make sure I've got some time each afternoon to sit and play with her but I just miss her so much. What is the age gap between your dd's?

Sleepybunny Thu 17-Dec-15 09:44:43

I think dealing with a newborn is easier than the guilt I feel and frustration at not helping DD1 when she needs me.
She's 3, bless her it must be so much for her to take in. Hopefully when the feeding get's a bit more efficient and less flipping painful, things will be easier.
You're doing the right thing by trying to make some time in the afternoon for the two of you. I desperately want to do the bedtimes with her, but it's usually cluster feed time for DD2 so I struggle, and DH takes over.

Friends keep telling me it gets easier soon (never feels that way when you're in the thick of it!!)

Hope the Christmas drama get's sorted soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now