Talk

Advanced search

9 week old bronchiolitis screaming in pain??

(8 Posts)
lyssie29 Wed 16-Dec-15 13:06:33

Hi my dd has had bronchiolitis for nearly a week. All of her oxygen levels were fine and she started to gradually take more of her feeds. Today however she is throwing up after every feed and arching her back. Does anyone know if this is linked to the bronchiolitis or if it is bad wind? She really screams with it and for a bit I thought it was to do with her breathing but she is eventually asleep and is sleeping soundly so far.

Edit: she woke up screaming and gulping in air???

Camembertie Wed 16-Dec-15 13:19:40

Get her seen - they say bronchiolitis follows a u shaped curve so get better then worse again - my son was readdmitted for another 4 days for oxygen whereasfor first 4 days he was in it was for tube feeding - and the throwing up a definite part of it.

AuntieMaggie Wed 16-Dec-15 13:23:03

Definitely get her seen ASAP

Havalina1 Wed 16-Dec-15 13:25:00

Go back to hospital. My 8 week old was in for it too.

minipie Wed 16-Dec-15 14:26:01

Yes, do get her seen asap, A&E take bronchiolitis v seriously especially in te teeny ones, you are not time wasting

passmethewineplease Wed 16-Dec-15 14:27:35

Get her seen again. Can't be too careful with bronchialitis. DD had it and seemed fine for a few days, but turned worse again and ended up having some oxygen to help her breathe.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 16-Dec-15 14:31:56

Did they give her antibiotics at all?

I ask as it could he a drug induced lactose intolerence.

this isn't normal. anyway so take her back

lyssie29 Wed 16-Dec-15 20:49:47

Hi thanks for the advice. I took her to a & e and they did all the checks and said she was fine with regards to oxygen levels and have her some saline drops and observed a feed. She took 2 oz and didn't throw it back up so sent her home. She's still screaming in pain every now and then though and kicking her legs. She had been breast fed and formula fed but yesterday was her first day with just formula. Do you think it could be intolerance to milk? I told them about her doing it and they didn't seem too concerned about it (could be because she didn't do it when she was there) but the poor thing seems to be in so much pain when it happens :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now