Talk

Advanced search

weaning and milk feeds

(3 Posts)
Fairy45 Mon 14-Dec-15 16:56:45

Hi my baby is 6.5mo and she has 5 bottles a day , 7am, 11, 3, 7/8 and a last feed 11pm and 3 meals. Fruit at 8am, a veggie and half a yoghurt at 12.30 ish and then tea and the other half a yoghurt about 5-6pm.
Recently she has started only taking 3oz of milk at each milk feed other than the 11pm feed where she takes 6oz like she always used to. Does this mean i should drop a bottle and hope she takes nore at each one? Is 18oz ok in 24hours? Surely not??

KeepSmiling83 Mon 14-Dec-15 17:24:12

I think they are supposed to have a minimum of 21oz a day until they are 1. My DD2 has just turned 8 months and was on 4 bottles a day until about 2 weeks ago (7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm). However she started taking 3oz at her mid morning and afternoon bottle. So I have reduced it to 3 bottles a day now (7am, 1pm and 7pm) and she has gone back to having about 21-24oz over 24 hours. I thought reducing milk at feeds was a sign they were ready to drop a bottle so I would probably try to juggle them round a bit. We have never done a dream feed so don't know if/how you get rid of that one sorry!

Fairy45 Mon 14-Dec-15 22:21:05

Thank you! I thought 18oz couldnt be enough. Annoyingly its not a dreamfeed that ive offered at 11pm she wakes up then, and i can rarely stay awake til then so i will have been asleep for an hour sad. I dont want to get rid of that one as i worry she will wake at 1 or 2am instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now