Talk

Advanced search

well you wanted to be a mummy

(3 Posts)
Suzy4321 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:05:48

I heard one of friends husband having an argument the other day. She was cross cause he was popping out to see a friend (she knew this was happening, hence I popped round to see her) and they obviously had been having an argument before I got there. So tension was high and whilst I was downstairs they were upstairs and I heard him say "well you wanted to be a mummy" she replied "you wanted to be a daddy" and he said "only cause you wanted to be a mummy so much".

Now as much as it bugged and annoyed me I could not think of an answer to that.

But it seemed like a blatant your bed now lie in it.

He works 5 days a week. Physical job and is tired in evenings. She stopped working. At weekends he does do his share and helps out. She gets a Lay in and he does baby. But I found it a strange comment

KitKat1985 Sat 12-Dec-15 18:15:11

Well it doesn't sound like a nice thing to say, but I would caution about getting involved in their domestic arguments unless she brings the subject up with you.

Nonidentifyingnc Sat 12-Dec-15 18:21:55

Well the answer is that he agreed to have a child and it's irrelevant whose idea it was - the agreement to go ahead, makes him 50% responsible for said child!

Not nice if the baby grows up hearing that dad only agreed because it was what mum wanted.

That said, he works full time in a physically hard job and does his share when he is at home. I'm not sure what she is moaning about tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now