Talk

Advanced search

chickenpox baby

(3 Posts)
cornishglos Thu 10-Dec-15 19:35:35

Hi
My ds aged nearly 2 has spots which the health visitor says are chicken pox. He had chickenpox badly last year when he was 11 months old. He has no fever, loss of appetite etc, and only a few spots on his belly. No more have appeared since yesterday.
I've kept him away from friends, but he has a baby sister aged 5 weeks. I assumed she'd get it in 2 - 3 weeks time, after incubation, but now she is really snotty and grumpy. Could this be it? Should I keep them both away from everyone?
I am going insane with 2 grumpy babies in the rain. It's been nothing but viruses and rain since she was born!
Any thoughts?
Thanks

GreenTomatoJam Thu 10-Dec-15 19:39:10

My childminder said that there was an increase in kids with shingles at the moment (which is a resurgence of the chickenpox virus).

It's not guaranteed that she'll get chickenpox - newborn DS2 managed to avoid it when DS1 caught it - but we were probably lucky.

You have nothing but my sympathy. Get that pox mousse stuff and coat the older one in it frequently - it made all the difference to DS1 who was totally covered

KatyN Thu 10-Dec-15 22:19:05

My top tip is to find somewhere secluded you can go.. We used to play on a patch of concrete under a flyover.
I've no idea about the 5 week old but my son had cp at 9 months and 2 years. It was rubbish!!

Kx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now