Talk

Advanced search

How to get routine back?

(2 Posts)
Steph2468 Wed 09-Dec-15 21:39:16

I had a good enough bedtime routine with my little boy then he turned 1 & everything changed! He usually went to sleep by himself in his cot but then he started crying for me to stand with him until he fell asleep, the past week he hasn't been too well with his teeth plus the cold so for a few nights I ended up bringin him into my bed (i know it was a BIG mistake) but now when I put him into his cot he squeals & points to my room....bi tried lettin him cry it out but he could go on for hours! How can I get his routine back?

ODog Thu 10-Dec-15 07:36:06

This sounds like our current situation with my 18mo, although I don't see bringin him into our bed as a mistake. I lay in bed with him until he falls asleep and then transfer back into his bed. I'm sure things will change again soon so I try not to get so hung up on routines. As long as everyone can go to bed happy and at s good time, who cares where and how that occurs. It won't be forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now