Talk

Advanced search

Am I the only one that's worried my toddler isn't just being a 'spirited' two year old but is actually just going to be a demanding child?

(2 Posts)
weeblueberry Tue 08-Dec-15 11:24:13

Having a conversation with DP the other night about how 2yo DD is extremely difficult to be around just now. He's convinced it's just a phase, that she's testing boundaries and tantruming is normal for this age. I totally agree with all this but can't be the only one worried she's going to continue to be a really difficult child that continues to scream when she doesn't get her own way....am I?

To clarify we don't indulge the tantrums and hissy fits. I either walk away or talk her down from them. But I can't help but worry she'll still be doing this when she's 8 or 9...

What makes a child become 'bratty' as an older child? Is it indulging the tantrums? Or giving in to them? How do we know what we're doing is going to stop her being a handful child and is the right way to handle the tantrums to stop them at a reasonable age?

abbsismyhero Tue 08-Dec-15 11:28:25

not a clue my eldest two raised the same dd is ok at age 15 ds at age 6 is a bratty nightmare when he wants to be ive a two year old now and im wracking my brains to fine out what i did right with one that i skipped with the other

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now