Talk

Advanced search

10MO REFUSING FOOD

(4 Posts)
MrsGTW2 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:29:14

Hi everyone,

I haven't really used this site much, but I'm hoping for some help/words of wisdom/shared experiences.

I have a 10mo lb. He is highly energetic and has always been quite tricky to feed - he's always needed to be completely distracted to eat, and I've been doing a combination of spoon feeding and blw, mostly cooking my own food, but also using pouches to help when I don't have time.

However, in the last few days, he has started to refuse absolutely everything - even the favourites that he's eaten time and time again. Nothing has changed, I'm not doing anything differently and I've done most of the suggestions I have seen or heard about - sociable eating, letting him try himself, messy play with food, eating out of the high chair. Nothing works!!

It is becoming really upsetting and frustrating, though I'm trying to hide that from him. He's only recently started sleeping through, but now he's eating so little that I'm worrying he's going to start waking again. He only has two milk feeds a day (I BF him in the morning and evening - he dropped all other milk when I started weaning him at 5.5/6 months). I'm also throwing away so much food, and it's so hard to find the time to make it in the first place.

Any thoughts/advice on this would be hugely appreciated, I'm at my wits end.

megletthesecond Mon 07-Dec-15 22:41:55

Possibly painful teething? Mine got fussy and grizzly when bigger teeth started to come through.

chandeliertinseltwirler Mon 07-Dec-15 22:49:01

I highly recommend this book which got me through a very tough time of food refusal (I won't tell you how long it went on for!) and helped keep me sane.

MrsGTW2 Tue 08-Dec-15 08:03:19

Thanks ladies. I did think about the teeth, but he's very selective, so will eat when he wants to and is refusing even completely smooth foods (i.e. yoghurt) that he doesn't have to chew. I'm just worried that he'll start waking again and then I don't know whether to feed or not - he'd been sleeping through from 7-6am, but for the last three days has been waking at 5am. It's bearable, but he's a big boy and he's gone from eating more than I do to almost nothing sad

I'll definitely give that book a try too, thanks for that - the reviews look good x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now