Talk

Advanced search

How can people think this?

(4 Posts)
Kel1234 Sat 05-Dec-15 17:42:54

My little one is 3 months old. It was no secret that I really wanted to have a girl (I always wanted a girl first), but my husband wanted a boy. We didn't find out the sex, as personally I think it's nicer to leave it as a surprise, and have the midwife say "its a girl/boy". I would never find out before the birth. Anyway we had a boy, which at first I found hard, especially as several other people my husband and I know have either recently had girls or are having a girl soon. I accepted the fact I had a boy, and now I wouldn't change my angel for anything.
However, my mum has convinced herself that I'm pregnant again, because of how much I wanted a girl, and how much I still do. She thinks I'm not willing to wait, despite me telling her I don't want another baby for at least 5 years.
I can't believe she'd think I'm so disappointed in my son.
Anyone had any similar experiences?

Hassled Sat 05-Dec-15 17:46:09

The thing is - you have been able to accept it, which is great and how it should be. But I know of at least 2 people in RL who really, really struggled to accept it, to the point that they had a hard time bonding with their sons (in both cases they wanted a girl) and had a pretty grim time of it (they seem to have got there in the end). So while your mum is being a bit nuts, she's not coming at it out of nowhere, IYSWIM. That disappointment can be very real.

ffffffedup Sat 05-Dec-15 18:41:38

I was same as you I really wanted a girl so decided to find out the sex each time. When I 1st found out it was a boy admittedly I was a bit upset but by the time he was born I was over it and absolutely adored him like you do with your son. I've ended up with 3 boys and I wouldn't change them for the world, strangely when pregnant with ds3 I was actually glad to be having another boy and not a girl. Boys are brilliant fsmile

Kel1234 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:31:05

Pretty much everyone wondered why I didn't want to find out the sex. Some people were quite annoyed that i didn't, even my husband really wanted to know at first. But eventually he came round to my way of thinking, and when the midwife held up our baby and said it was a boy, he was really glad we didn't find out. It really is like that perfect moment you see on TV, I could never ruin that moment by finding out in advance.
Made me laugh when people said why don't you want to find out, I said I will find out, when my baby is born.
Then it was, will you find out when you have your next one? My response, of course I will, when he or she is born.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now