Talk

Advanced search

jumperoo ... is it safe

(11 Posts)
Suzy4321 Wed 02-Dec-15 18:49:35

Hi, me again

My 6 month old loves her jumperoo. She is in it about 20 mins morning and 20 mins afternoon. She loves it. My concern is she jumps so hard can she damage her brain. I would hate to think she is damaging herself but I have images of Mohamed Ali in my head!

I have googled it but nothing comes up

Whatdoidohelp Wed 02-Dec-15 18:54:02

Are you serious? You sound very very precious. Try to relax before the poor kid is wrapped in cotton wool !

Suzy4321 Wed 02-Dec-15 18:55:46

Thanks for that ! I am serious and I'm not wrapping her I cotton wool! I don't want to damage her. If u have nothing helpful to say then don't reply

AlphaOmicronPi Wed 02-Dec-15 18:55:57

Both my DCs loved the Jumperoo.

I'm no expert but surely if there was even the vaguest possibility that an infant could sustain brain damage by using it then it would have been withdrawn from sale? Or at the very very least have detailed warnings in the manual? Jumperoos have been around for the best part of a decade. If nothing comes up when you Google, then I think that tells you something. Lurid headlines would abound if a baby had been injured.

MistressMerryWeather Wed 02-Dec-15 18:56:04

She will be perfectly fine. smile

Your first wee one, Suzy? I worried about the same sorts of stuff when DS1 was that age.

TurnOffTheTv Wed 02-Dec-15 18:56:38

Nothing comes it because it's fine 😃

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Wed 02-Dec-15 18:57:40

I'm 100% sure they would not be sold if they caused brain damage. Have you ever heard any stories of a baby brain damaged by a jumperoo? I imagine it would be in the press.

TurnOffTheTv Wed 02-Dec-15 18:58:07

*up

Suzy4321 Wed 02-Dec-15 18:58:28

Thanks people, first baby don't want to cause damage.

MistressMerryWeather Wed 02-Dec-15 18:58:57

I don't think it's precious at all, some people are just natural worriers.

Throwing it in the bin would have been precious.

NigelLikesSalad Wed 02-Dec-15 19:02:16

I'm sure she can't bounce enough to hurt her head, a few of my friends babies have them and they are all fine. We've had an activity centre for DS so no bouncing. A friend did said someone told her a few weeks ago there are starting to be warnings about not leaving them in the jumperoo too long as it affects their feet as they stay on tip toes rather than flat foot to bounce? I think that's probably for extreme cases where baby is left for hrs every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now